A senior geotechnical engineer with more than 10 years experiences in offshore business.
Wat ga je doen?
The potential in the on- and offshore market is growing and Arcadis wants to strengthen her position in this field. We are looking for 1 or 2 senior geotechnical experts to reach our business goals.
Arcadis is currently involved in several initiatives of renewable and green energy. We support the government in realizing offshore wind capacity via the Dutch Enterprise Agency. Arcadis supports Tennet in permitting, routing and feasibility studies for the cables to connect offshore and onshore. We collaborate with offshore contractors such as Boskalis, Van Oord, Fugro and others to seek innovations.
You will be responsible for the entire geotechnical part of an offshore structure from preliminary feasibility study and site investigation to final design. The focus will be on the foundation of wind turbines, but you are also able to participate in design teams for a wide range of geotechnical structures like jetties, quay walls and other maritime infrastructure. Your day to day work can comprise:
- Participating in setting up (and winning) tender and proposals for offshore projects
- Drafting Scope of Work for the geotechnical (survey) campaigns
- Review and evaluate proposals (e.g. project documentation; suitability vessels and equipment; equipment set up; project execution plan, line plan), in some cases providing a second opinion
- Making conceptual and final design for different wind turbine foundations using the state of the art knowledge and tools
- Review geotechnical investigation and contractor design reports
- Evaluate construction aspects and constructability of a proposed foundation type
- Supervision of junior and intermediate geotechnical colleagues
- Participating in expert meetings
- Supporting disclosing documents
- Contribution to the Arcadis offshore energy strategy
Wat vragen wij?
We are looking for candidates with a master degree (or even a PhD) in offshore geotechnics, engineering geology, geophysics or other relevant fields with at least >10 years of experience and a track record with a minimum of 5-10 years in wind farm and/or offshore projects.
In particular we are looking for the following know how and skills:
- General soil conditions up to -60 meters below seabed in the Dutch/UK/Belgium North Sea and German Bight
- State of the art methods and equipment for in situ an laboratory testing (e.g. PCPTs; SCPTs; bore hole sampling and vibro cores; seismic tests, MIC testing, etc.)
- 3D-modelling of the soil structure
- Interpretation of results for wind turbine foundation and infield cable design purposes
- State of the art design methods and design tools for wind turbine foundations and other offshore structures
- Compiling and reviewing ground models
- Experience working with Kingdom© software of similar software models
You are a true team player and you are keen on developing young professionals to become experts. You have excellent communication skills and are convincing at presenting your results. You maintain client relationships in a natural way.
Wat bieden wij?
Our vision has quickly become our passion; improving quality of life. Through our passion, our people and the work we do with our clients, we have opportunities to shape the future of our world, every day. Guided by five core values, combined with five keystone behaviors, we are building a unique, One Arcadis culture. A culture where focusing on our people and working as one team delivers innovation, excellence and client success. We like to do what we promise: Improving the quality of life. This means that we focus on high quality performance of our projects, that we take Health and Safety as a very serious business and that are convinced that people are the most important assets of our company.
The following five core values form the Arcadis culture: People First, Integrity, Client Success, Collaboration and Sustainability.
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people, active in over 70 countries that generate €3.2 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.
Heb je vragen?
Please contact Silke Wekema (senior recruiter) for more information: +31 (0)6 2706 0697 or via email@example.com. We request you to upload your resume and cover letter via the vacancy on our website www.werkenbijarcadis.nl.
Recruitment agencies need not respond. Details from this vacancy are not to be used for marketing purposes.