Simavi is looking for an experienced and inspiring
Programme Manager Implementation
Simavi is an ambitious, growing development organization. Our head office is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and we have local representations in Bangladesh, Indonesia, Tanzania and Uganda. In partnership with local civil society organisations, we improve the health of marginalised communities in the poorest regions in developing countries in Africa and Asia. Together with local communities, the private sector, knowledge institutes and governments we address Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights as well as the basic need for Water, Sanitation and Hygiene- because we believe that those two themes are the basic determinants for a good health. We campaign to engage the general public and involve them in what we do. We are a member of the Watershed Alliance, a member of the GUSO (Get Up Speak Out) Alliance, and take part in many more initiatives and alliances.
As Programme Manager Implementation it is your responsibility that all the funded and agreed programmes of Simavi are implemented in such a way that it leads to a maximum impact of each of our programmes, in line with our Vision, Mission, and Theory of Change.
You will work with and coach a dynamic team of (Senior) Programme Officers, who implement WASH and SRHR projects and programmes of Simavi in Africa and Asia. The Programme Manager Implementation reports to the Managing Director.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Day to day coaching of the Programme Implementation Team in the management of complex projects and programmes, in liaison with Southern and Northern partners;
- Line management of the Programme Manager of our MKAJI project in Tanzania,
- Knowledge Sharing Officer WASH & Learn in Uganda and Programme Manager Watershed in Kenya;
- Implement the year plan and strategy for WASH and SRHR in the regions where Simavi works;
- Occupy the lead role on behalf of Simavi in the NL WASH SDG Consortium; ensure adequate functioning of Simavi within this consortium and take care of adequate communication and translation of related responsibilities of Simavi (in cooperation with programme officers, PME officers and Consortium stakeholders);
- Ensure high quality local partner strengthening (thematic, organisational and Lobby & Advocacy);
- Ensure the measurement of impact of our programmes,
- In close cooperation with all team members, plan, divide and coordinate the workload within the Programme Implementation Team;
- In close cooperation with Finance officers, responsible for budget and budget planning;
- Provide programme management information for steerage.
- Academic education level (Master), with in-depth knowledge of and experience in the field of WASH in developing countries. Knowledge of Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights is a benefit;
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in a comparable position, preferably also work experience in developing countries;
- Excellent skills in programme implementation management and monitoring;
- Result oriented and demonstrated ability to set priorities;
- Proven human resource management skills and inspiring coach;
- Excellent consortium management skills (both in lead and led positions);
- Communication, social, representation and diplomacy skills in a multicultural context;
- Accurate and analytic skills;
- Fluency in English, preferably also in Dutch (both speaking and writing);
- Dutch citizen or in possession of legal entitlement to live and work in the Netherlands is a requirement.
Simavi offers you
- An interesting and challenging position in a dynamic and international working environment, with substantial personal freedom;
- A contract for 12 months for 32 or 36 hours per week with possible extension;
- A gross monthly salary between € 3,425.- and € 4,974.- on a fulltime basis of 36 hours;
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Our office is located at Naritaweg 135, which is a 2 minutes’ walk from train station Amsterdam Sloterdijk.
If you have any questions, please contact our HR Officer Marieke Leeuwenburgh via email@example.com.
How to apply?
In case you recognise yourself in the profile we are looking forward to receive your application before June 14th 2017. Please send your letter and resume (in English, max. 4 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org, using reference Programme Manager Implementation.
Commercial inquiries or job postings are not appreciated or accepted regarding this vacancy.