Simavi – A healthy life For All
Simavi is looking for an experienced and energetic
Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Advisor
(Available from the 1st of August 2019 for 32- 36 hours per week)
A healthy life. It enables you to develop yourself socially and economically, take matters into your own hands and pursue your dreams. With good health, you can look after yourself and your family and lift yourself out of poverty. That is why Simavi works towards a healthy life for all. We work to ensure that disadvantaged people, especially women and girls, in low- and middle-income countries practice healthy behaviours based on their own free and informed decisions. Read more about our work: www.simavi.nl (Dutch) or www.simavi.org (English).
How do we know if our programmes are successful? How can we measure and further increase the quality of our programmes? With data. This is where you come in as the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Advisor.
As the MEL Advisor you will contribute to the validation of the Simavi Theory of Change (ToC) and to the Simavi impact through mainstreaming Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) standards and methodologies in the organisation. Ensuring quality design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programmes is part of your challenge. In addition, you contribute to proposal development, research and data analysis, and lead on specific expertise areas, enhancing quality within the organisation and at the same time profiling Simavi as an expert organisation.
You report to the Director of Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning and you are part of our MEL circle with 1 Director MEL, 2 other MEL Advisors and 1 MEL Officer.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Contribute to mainstreaming of MEL policy within Simavi
- Develop Impact/ Evidence informed Programming (EiP) strategy and mainstream within Simavi
- Design Simavi guidelines/ standards (indicators) on MEL in programmes to ensure quality Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E), uniformity and contribution to the Simavi ToC
- Ensure MEL (minimum standards) are included and budgeted for in proposals and programmes
- Oversee and support implementation of MEL in programmes
- Capacity building and support of local MEL officers and partners
- Design and oversee (rigorous) programme evaluations
- Collect data on programmes for analysis and reporting
- Gather and share latest research on MEL, WASH and SRHR within Simavi
- Contribute to the preparation of reports
- Represent Simavi in MEL working groups of alliances
- Publish results of Simavi’s research
Do you recognise yourself in this profile?
- You have an academic level of education (master degree);
- At least three years of relevant working experience in a similar Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning position;
- Proven knowledge of programme monitoring and evaluation, evidence informed programming and impact measurement;
- Experience leading MEL for WASH and/or SRHR programmes;
- Experience working for complex programmes in alliance with multiple international partners;
- Experience working with and strengthening the capacity of local partner organisations;
- Experience in data analysis, in particular quantitative data analysis;
- Experience with data analysis software R or similar, is a plus;
- Experience with IATI is an advantage;
- Experience with mobile data collection tools is advantage;
- Knowledge and experience in knowledge management is an added value;
- You are quality oriented with well-developed skills in monitoring progress, signalling deviations on time and you adjust accordingly;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English within a multicultural context, fluency in French is a plus;
- Eligible to work in the Netherlands and able to travel to programme countries.
What do we offer?
Simavi offers a result-driven and challenging position in an international working environment, with considerable ways to make a difference. Besides a fun and healthy working environment (i.e. weekly boot camp sessions, agile way of working and healthy lunches), we are an equal opportunity employer meaning we don’t discriminate in our hiring practices and we actively seek a diverse applicant pool. Our five core values lie at the basis of everything we do: just, sustainable, empowering, inspiring, connecting.
We offer a contract for 12 months for 32-36 hours per week with possible extension. The salary we offer depends on the years of working experience you bring along and will be within the salary range of € 3,045.- and € 4,360.- gross per month for 36 hours per week (i.e. a fulltime contract).
Our office is located at Naritaweg 135, which is a 2 minutes’ walk from train station Amsterdam Sloterdijk.
How to apply?
Do you recognise yourself in the profile and do you want to contribute to Simavi’s mission and vision? Please upload your motivation letter and resume (in English, max. four pages) before the 24th of June 2019 via this application link: https://simavi.onlinevacatures.nl/en/Vacancy/Postulate/134416
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Hilda Alberda via firstname.lastname@example.org
The procedure will consist of two interview rounds, a case study and a reference check. The 1st round is scheduled on the 8th, 9th and 11th of July 2019, the 2nd round on the 25th and 26th of July 2019.
Because physical and emotional safety of children is crucial for Simavi, we do not accept any form of abuse. Child safeguarding is addressed in our recruitment and selection process.
Commercial inquiries or job postings are not appreciated or accepted regarding this vacancy.